For new PhD scholars of exceptional quality.
An ambition to match yours
UNSW Scientia research recruitment.
If you believe you are the best in your research field we want to hear from you. UNSW is investing at unprecedented levels to bring 1,000 of the world’s most talented researchers to Sydney by 2025, to join a community ranked amongst the global top 50.
This is a critical element of our ten year strategy which sees UNSW invest $3 billion in strategic funds in support of achieving academic excellence, deepening our social engagement, and expanding our global impact.
We believe our plan is bold, ambitious and deeply altruistic. We want to make a difference to people’s lives through our discoveries and by sharing our knowledge. And to do this, we are investing in our people. UNSW’s Scientia Fellowship Program and Scientia PhD Scholarship Scheme offer unique benefits, individualised support, exciting career pathways and guaranteed funding for you to reach your personal development goals.
If your aspirations match ours, we welcome your application.
For the best and brightest people, with outstanding research track records.
UNSW Scientia Fellowships
Unprecedented package of benefits
- Tenure track fellowships based on agreed performance metrics and a pathway for promotion through to professor level.
- Unparalleled flexibility to take ‘time out’ for personal or professional reasons and then return. You could create a ‘start-up’, start a family, work in industry or spend time in another university, then pick up where you left off at UNSW.
- Up to $40k each year for personal development requirements and to establish collaborations and networks.
- A structured coaching plan and mentoring by top researchers personalised to your needs.
UNSW Scientia PhD Scholarships
Unparalleled investment in your career
- $40K a year stipend for four years.
- Tuition fees covered for the full 4 year period.
- Coaching and mentoring will form a critical part of your highly personalised leadership development plan.
- Up to $10k each year to support your international research collaborations and build your career.