Back to search results
Redesign of ‘as built’ environments to afford greater independence and autonomy is an essential strategy for the creation of an independent life for people with disability and underpins the Australian national care reforms objectives of greater participation and inclusion. This project will focus on (1) designing and testing efficient methods for evaluating ‘as built’ design outcomes, under various operational conditions, (2) validating use of the Livability and DIYmodify App’s effectiveness in promoting choice and control in redesign outcomes; and (3) examining professional and personal interactions and responses to App technology in the context of individual program funding.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Background in a relevant built environment discipline.
- Basic experience in one or more of the following fields:
- Experience and/or interest in disability and ageing
- Knowledge of case-study and post-occupancy evaluation methods
- Knowledge of human-centered data collection approaches
- Qualitative and quantitative data analysis
The candidate is expected to regularly communicate with community representatives and external project partners and provide project updates (English fluency needed).
Director, Enabling Built Environment Program
Optics and Radiometry Laboratory (ORLAB)
Adjunct Associate Professor, Enabling Built Environment Program