The ideal candidate for the proposed research project should meet the following requirements:
- A completed university degree (Masters, Bachelor) with excellent grades, such as first class Honours, in Environmental Sciences, Ecology, Soil Sciences, or similar field of research.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. All applicants, domestic and international, must meet the UNSW English language level requirements (IELTS, TOEFL or equivalent).
- Ability to work well independently with appropriate supervision, and as part of a collaborative research team
- Relevant field and laboratory research experience - management of plant and soil analytical and ecophysiological techniques is advantageous, and knowledge of molecular ecology techniques will be welcomed.
- Solid skills in data analyses and interpretation and ability to present and communicate results.
- Scientific (peer-reviewed) publications as lead or co-author will be highly valued.